Worn by various armed forces and originally adapted by the U.S. Air Force in 1950. This iconic nylon jacket was also used in the 1980’s by U.S. Army helicopter crews and is known as the “Nylon Pilot’s Jacket”. Designed in with a bright orange lining for survival purposes, pilots would turn the MA-1 flight jacket inside out to make them visible to rescue crews.
MA-1 Bomber Jacket:
• Crafted from 100% nylon flight satin twill
• Bright orange lining for survival purposes
• Snap close side entry pockets
• Sleeve pen/pencil pocket
• Two interior snap pockets
• Knit cuffs, collar, and waistband
• This is a regular fit jacket
• Available in classic Air Force Sage & Spec Ops OD Black
• Dry clean only.
If you like this nylon pilot's jacket, you may also like the B-15 Bomber Jacket.